Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, July 30, 2010

Out Grease Spot Out (Laundry Tutorial from Mommy Memorandum)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tutorial: Laundry Tip Removing Grease Stains

This is a tutorial from Mommy Memorandum, she was nice enough to let me feature this for you guys.

Out Grease Spot! Out!

It's a good thing I like to do laundry because we generate a lot of it at our house. This morning was wash day and as I was checking the clothes for stains before washing, I came across a shirt worn by my husband. He's a pig--as this shirt reveals.

Those "spots" are grease! Gross I know, but behind every clean shirt is this laundry-lovin' Wife. I make his clothes lend the impression that he is CIVILIZED!

This is a laundry tutorial on how to get grease out of clothes. It can be done.

First, you'll have the best success if you catch it before you wash it and definitely before it finds its way through a dryer cycle.

This part is optional, but I find it helps me identify the "stain" later on. Using a fabric pencil, trace around the stain. I used white on the dark shirt. It doesn't have to be detailed, just an outline so you know where the grease spot is on the garmet.

Place inside garmet a pan or container of some sort.

With the garmet pulled over the container, pour rubbing alcohol over the stain. You will want to pour the alcohol over each stain two times. Use just enough alcohol to saturate the stain area.

Allow the shirt to sit, with the alcohol on it while you boil water.

Once you have boiling water, pour it over the alcohol saturated grease spot.

From here, wash as usual.

When the wash cycle is complete, remember to check the garmet to see that the stain is out. I typically line dry the garmet to be sure. If there is still grease, you'll want to repeat the process before you put it in the dryer.

Ta-Da! Grease spot is GONE!

how awesome and easy this is. Thanks mommy memorandum for letting me feature this.

So of course- you get a button for your awesomeness

 

♥Jess

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by 504 Main and following - right back at you! I so need this...I just realized my favorite shirt has grease stains on it...I am trying this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give your careful details on grease removal a shot. I have a few tops that could use a go over... Thank you! I am stopping by from Nan's follow me Monday list and have followed you.
    Have a great week!
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's "Comments from Holly" day!! LOL!!
    I'm clicking through Nan's Follow Hop and already follow you. Love the tutorial. Who'd have guessed?? Alcohol and boiling water... COOL!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for join Follow Me Monday.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts