Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Nice Rakc Handbags Review

I am like crazy in love with all things totes and purses. There was never a time in my life when I wasn’t. I am a “collector” as my husband says. I have too many clothes, shoes, purses, books, and anything else I decide I like.

I especially love getting upcycled and handmade bags. {& Vera Bradley ones, of course}

About Rachel:

I'm obsessively organized and creatively manic. After a B.A. in Behavioral Science and an A.A in Photography, I was still searching for my path. In creating bags and jewelry for nice rakc, I have found it. I am never happier than when I am in my studio. I live in a suburb of Philadelphia with my BFF from college who is a writer, our house is very creative! I hope to spread nice rakc to the masses, while still keeping true to my love for making limited edition bags from recycled clothing.
All items are produced with love in a cat-friendly/smoke-free home.

The Shop

Limited edition handmade upcycled recycled handbags.

Nice Rakc is an etsy shop owned by Rachel. She upcycles these bags, which she finds at thrift shops.

She designs:

Wristlets-

Custom Upcycled Bridesmaids Clutches

SALE Bright Cherry Print and Lace "AA" Wristlet

This is trendy, looks very sturdy {won’t rip easily} and big enough to hold the essentials. I love the color and the accessory. Would be great for the fashionista in your life that doesn’t need to carry her life with her in a purse {as I do} lol

Clutches-

There are so many that I like. They are all so unique and fashionably made. Great colors, Great scheme, and Great designs.

Upcycled Polka Dots and Stripes "A" Clutch

Upcycled Floral Polyester "A" Clutch with Hand Painted Heart

Hand Painted Lightning Bolt on Upcycled Houndstooth "A" Clutch

Hand Painted Red Stars on Upcycled Polka Dot Fabric "A" Clutch 

I love how she adds designs on the fabric to give it that extra pop. If you were to own one of these, you’d be questioned about it’s whereabouts where ever you went. Classy and Fabulous.

Shoulder Bags

Here again are detail oriented designs. She puts her full potential into every bag she makes. That is what makes  her shop so special. She adds oomp to the designs that just draw you in, and snags attention.

Hand Painted Star on Upcycled Leopard Print and Cherry "B" Shoulder Bag

Upcycled Blue Floral and Snakeskin "B" Shoulder Bag 

She uses contrasting fabrics to give the bags an awesome “buy me” sign to me. I love that she put chains as the handles.

Big Wristlet

I love brightly colored anything. Whether it be fingernail polish, clothes, or bags. This is something I would definitely buy.

Upcycled Multi-Colored Leopard Print and Black Big Rakc Extra Large Wristlet

Top Handle Bag

These bags are made for bigger items in the purse. They vary in size and design. Here are some I think are awesome.

Upcycled Polka Dot and Floral Polyester "D" Top Handle Bag

Upcycled Blue and White Striped Big Top Rakc with White Tulle Accents

Convertible and Hobo

Hand painted Philly logo on the red Convertible and Phillie city outline on the white one. Isn’t that awesome?

Hand Painted Philles Logo on Upcycled Polka Dot "DD" Clutch

Philly Skyline and Upcycled Polka Dot "DD" Bag

Purple Snakeskin Print Jersey with Upcycled Black and White Belt Strap Hobo Rakc

She also has hand painted ties listed. I think this one is so cute. I love that she does this. Who wouldn’t want that tie? My hubby doesn’t even wear ties {He’s a foreman of a tree trimming Service} But how could I resist that?

Hand Painted Stars on Red Striped Necktie

Rachel is such an amazing person that she is giving Made.By.Jess readers 15% off your purchase in her shop. Just use the Code: MADEBYJESS

Disclosure: All opinions are my own. I was not compensated or influenced in any way. I did the review in exchange for readers to have the 15% off. This was written in total honesty.

I want to thank Rachel for allowing the discount, and wish her the best in her Handmade Business.

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts