--> 
»

Monday, January 2, 2012

A look back at 2011

A look back at 2011.

I wasn’t able to blog for all of 2011. There were some deaths in my family that affected me fiercely.

My grandmother on my mom’s side passed away in February, 4 days after my daughters second Birthday. She was diagnosed with Brain Cancer in November 2010. The doctors gave her 6 months to 3 years, and she passed away in 3 months. She was my best friend, and I was sad to see her go. I am still halfway dealing with the grief of not seeing her everyday.

grandma poseGrandma glamour bowgrandma grandmas tombstone
It has been a weird year without her making my kids smile and laugh, without her at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But I know that she was an angel on Earth, so there is no doubt in my mind that she is watching over us..



I really wish I had this sweatshirt Winking smile


and I am thinking about getting a tattoo like this one, although, mine will have the gray ribbon instead of pink. I have no tattoo’s, so this will be my first {If I get it}

If you aren’t sure about all the colors..


On the other hand, 2011 has brought me many loving memories with my kids and hubby. The kids are getting so big. I was looking at past pictures and I was astonished at how they looked at the beginning of  2011, to now.

Aidanadisyn{Then}
DSCF5087DSCF5135{Now}

Already I have gained more followers than I was thinking I would, so I am excited about what 2012 has to bring.








author

This post was written by:

Jessica is the writer behind Sweet Southern Mama. She is the mother of 2 adorable kids- Aidan, 7 and Adisyn, 5. She lives in Kentucky with her fiance and kids. She loves designing blogs, reading, writing, crafting, all things electronic, photography, and spending time with her family.

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!