Wild orange is an unpretentious essential oil, used in aromatherapy to create the feeling of happiness and warmth, while calming nervous digestive problems.
15 ml bottle.
About wild orange essential oil:
Wild orange is used extensively as a fragrance component in soaps, detergents, cosmetics and perfumes, and in the food and drinks industry.
One of the most dynamic essential oil fragrances, its chemical constituents combine to give you proven anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antidepressant properties.
Key properties of wild orange oilPrimary constituents of wild orange oil:
Some of the therapeutic properties of wild orange oilinclude: anti-bacterial, anti-depressant, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, carminative (expells gas from the alimentary canal, to relieve colic and spasmodic pain of bowels), choleretic, digestive, hypotensive, sedative, stimulant, stomachic and tonic.
- Monoterpenes (limonene 87%)
Common uses for wild orange oilWild orange is one of the most powerful and aromatic of the essential oils. It is excellent for disinfecting and killing fungus and pathogens. It has very effective actions against colds and flu, and is highly recommended for use during their early stages.
Wild orange also supports the elimination toxins from the body, while stimulating the lymphatic system.
It can be both energizing and uplifting and sedative. It does this by instilling feelings of peace. It can be used in the treatment of anorexia.
Wild orange's main constituent, limonene, has powerful anti-cancer activity, suggesting that this oil might be effective as an anti-cancer agent.
It also supports collagen formation in the skin.
Modern research into wild orange oilIn clinical testing, the antioxidant Citrus sinensis exhibited absolute fungitoxicity (it kills fungi) against 10 post-harvest pathogens. It was also absolutely toxic for spore germination.
A university study has demonstrated that wild orange oil is highly effective as an antidepressant.
Other uses for wild orange oil
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Diffusing wild orange is very effective at killing pathogens in the air. It provides a very pleasant way to disinfect and kill bacteria, and assists with colds and flu.
- Diffusing wild orange can also be beneficial for nervous tension and stress, and is relaxing for children at bedtime.
- Diffuse in the car on long trips. It is very calming and uplifting, and relieves stress. Its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-pathogenic activity also enhances the enjoyment of travel.
- Put 1-2 drops of wild orange in drinking water. It's a good diuretic, and is most useful in balancing water retention, and may be helpful with obesity. Its lymphatic-stimulant action further helps to balance water processes, as well as detoxification, aiding the immune system and general well-being.
- Blended in massage oil or added to a bath, wild orange assists with colds and flu, eliminates toxins from the body, boosts the lymphatic and immune system and helps ease nervous tension and stress.
- Use in massage for its invigorating, yet calming, properties. Can be very helpful for muscle pain.
- Wild orange oil is certified GRAS by the FDA, and is safe for ingestion. Adding 1-2 drops of this oil to ¼ cut of water and drinking can be very helpful for acid reflux or heartburn. It has a powerful alkalizing effect on the system, making it very effective for many digestive issues.
- Mix with a carrier oil and massage on an infant's tummy to sooth stomach ache.
- Add to furniture polish, to help protect furniture against damage from insects.
- Add several drops of wild orange oil to some water in a spray bottle, shake well, to disperse the oil, and spritz on bed sheets, drapes or upholstery (think Febreze®). May also be sprayed into the air as a fragrant, pathogen-killing air freshener for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Mix wild orange oil with water, to wipe down kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
As soon as you open the bottle, you can tell that this is made out of natural oranges. It smells SO good, as if they have just dripped orange juice right into the bottle and sent it to you in a bottle.
I have been using this essential oil for awhile now. Even though it’s only a 15ml bottle, a drop or two goes a very long way. I have tried it in so many different ways and it worked in ALL ways that it can be used.
Inhaling this can lower your stress and anxiety levels. Because I have been diagnosed with bipolar mania II AND anxiety disorder, reducing anxiety is the #1 go-to method for bipolar.
Bipolar tends to get me all riled up and frustrated easily, so I have to remember to step back and take deep breaths when I am feeling overwhelmed. Wild Orange is naturally an uplifting scent, so it really helps to reduce stress and relieve anxiety.
Although I don’t have a problem with obesity, this Wild Orange essential oil is great for reducing the amount of water that your body holds in. All you have to do is put 1-2 drops of this essential oil into a bottle or glass of water and sip it.
Putting this essential oil into your water will also help with digestive problems and acid reflux. So if you have reflux or seem to always have an upset stomach, this is great to pack around with you to drop into water and sip throughout the day to keep your stomach at ease.
I have also added this my bath water. You can add 1-2 drops but I decided to add a little bit more just for more potency. Adding this to your bath water or ingesting this can help with collagen renewal. It stimulates collagen to boost your skins elasticity.
Also added to bathwater it can help keep cold and flu away. It is also THOUGHT to be very useful in keeping cancers away.
I do know that it isn’t an overpowering orange smell. It smells SO amazing and refreshing. It works very well as a natural house cleaner as well. Drop 1-3 drops into 4 ounces of water and clean whatever you need cleaning. Whether you need to clean your sinks, your bathroom, or your floor. Helps me to feel relaxed WHILE making my house smell SO good.
How could you pass it up?
You can buy this HERE for $13.95.
While there you should check out the other amazing essential oils that they keep stocked. They have so many different choices all of which have their very own health benefits.
Here are some of my favorite:
Wintergreen for muscle tension and pain, Peppermint for soothing digestion to improving concentration, and Basil for soothing sore muscles and joints, to ease breathing and as a cooling agent for the skin.
Born of a passion for essential oils and natural wellness alternatives, dōTERRA® is strongly committed to the highest standards, both ethically and scientifically, to ensure that you have access to the very finest essential oils and oil blends, dietary supplements and other wellness products. And, it's key people are all-too-aware of the pain and discouragement that comes with a betrayal of these values, and work hard to live up to them in every way.
I really am amazed at the kindness and graciousness — and helpfulness — of everyone I've dealt with at dōTERRA®. It really is like no other company I've worked with before.
Disclosure: This isn’t a sponsored post, all products were sent for review purposes only. All opinions in this post are 100% mine and completely honest.
Thanks for stopping by,