Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, September 21, 2012

Review: Packaways

clip_image001

I have to admit that I am quite the hoarder. I have tons and tons of clothes, shoes, makeup, skincare, books, and binders. As we are living in a smaller home right now, I have to pack some of up until we move back into a larger home.

When we moved I used cardboard boxes to store our stuff in. I absolutely despised it. They are hard to carry because it’s hard to bust through the push in handles. The bottoms busted out of them EXTREMELY easy. I went to the storage shed to move some stuff around so I could bring out the winter clothes and put up the summer.. and when I picked up a box of books, they went EVERYWHERE.

I am a book NERD and I simply do NOT want my books to smell like they are old, get wet and mildew, or be eaten by mice. Have you noticed that mice can just either find their way into a small hole in the box (either at the top or the handles) or chew right through cardboard?

I did. My Christmas ornaments were chewed all to pieces about 5 years ago when we moved. I stored all my stuff at my grandmas in the shed, and when I went to pick it all up- there were mice bite marks EVERYWHERE, and everything was chewed to pieces.

That’s what I really like about Packaways. They are a brand new storage tote made from durable corrugated plastic that simply fold away when not in use. I am certain that mice can’t chew through them and they protect my stuff. I know that my books are safe in these storage totes because they don’t cave in like boxes.

Instead of having to stack totes inside totes when they aren’t in use- these fold flat and slid against a wall in a closet. I love that they not only save space when they are in use, but they also save space when NOT in use.

I LOVE the colors. I looked everywhere for colored totes before, and didn’t see any that weren’t so tiny that I couldn’t fit even 2 pair of shoes inside. These are large enough to accommodate my summer clothes and the kids.

2012-06-08 18.36.492012-06-08 18.36.572012-06-08 18.36.212012-06-08 18.36.28

I ended up receiving 2 boxes. A lime green one (SQUEAL) and a blue one. I LOVED that they had green. Green is my favorite!! ♥

When you get them they are completely flat. So to open them up to look like the above pictures- you just press the bottom sides down and in to each other and they buckle in to place. Very VERY simple to do.

clip_image001[6]

They have the easy push in handles on the side- so that they are very easy and conveniently moved when they need arises. They aren’t 100% waterproof, because water COULD leak in the handles and through the opening in the top. BUT if you are using a storage shed, storage bin, or your garage- water isn’t going to be getting in or on them anyway.

These can be used and reused time and time again because of how sturdy they are when they are broken down. I LOVE these bins, I really do. I am definitely going to have to get some to put my fabric and yarn in..

They have wipe off panels on the front so that you can use a dry-erase marker to write what’s in them, wipe it off, reuse it for something else, and re-label. How cool is that! They are easy to use, and then easy to re-collapse and store.

The bins also come in Pink and White- so a total of 4 different colors!

Packaways are made here in the USA! Two thumbs up from me for that! Prices for the Packaways start at $8.75 each, and have free shipping on orders over $49.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Thanks for dropping by,

 

Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts