Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sleep Pink in honor of Breast Cancer #EstrovenPink

Many of you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Everybody is doing their own thing to show awareness.. We’ve all seen the football players wearing their pink socks, cleats, and gloves. Bloggers are taking a different stand.

For October.. we are SLEEPING PINK. Yes, I said sleeping pink. How? When I read about the Sleep Pink op that was presented to me by Estroven and the Sits Girls, I wanted to take part in standing up to Breast Cancer.

Breast Cancer runs in my family. My Moms side carries this disease, so I know that I am going to have to take extra precautions to make sure I don’t get it, and if I do- that I catch it before it’s too late.

My Grandma’s sister has had both breasts removed because of Breast Cancer. My mom THOUGHT she had it. She found a lump the size of a larger rock, but thank God it wasn’t deadly. It wasn’t cancer, YET they said. She has to get mammograms every year now.

So- my sleep pink party consisted of my mom and myself. My sister couldn’t make it over, so my mom and I just had a nice afternoon all to ourselves. We hung out, gave each other manicures, had really awesome pink drinks, and just talked. It was a nice night, and I am thankful for the time we spent together.

2012-07-17 10.35.102012-07-17 10.42.242012-07-17 10.39.332012-07-17 11.17.47

We painted our nails dark pink and added a light pink Breast cancer awareness ribbon to it!

Photo_00002

Cancer doesn’t care how old you are, what you look like, skin color, how much money you make.. NOBODY is exempt from becoming another breast cancer fatality or survivor. Some make it, and some get taken by it.

Most people aren’t really sure the statistics on Breast Cancer, but every 3 minutes- a woman is diagnosed with potentially fatal Breast Cancer. So- what can YOU do to help take a stand?

For the entire month of October- Estroven is providing women with the essentials to create their own Sleep Pink Party. They provide ideas on what to do at the party, music to listen to, pink themed food and drink, as well as pink place cards, invitations, activities and more!

image

When you have your Sleep Pink Party make sure that you upload a picture to SleepPink.com, because every picture uploaded- they will give $100 donation to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

Also- when purchasing this month, check and see if a portion of the donations are being donated to Breast Cancer Research. There are tons of companies doing this! You can read more about it here.

 

Disclosure: This post is written by Made.By.Jess on behalf of Sleep Pink and the SITS Girls to raise Breast Cancer Awareness. All opinions are my own.

Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts