Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Saving Memories Forever- Keeping your families memories online

 

I am a person that loves preserving any kind of memories that I can. Whether it be pictures, home videos, or scrapbooking. My aunt went and downloaded my mom’s side of the family’s family tree and had it printed out for each of her family members, mostly for my Grandmother’s Christmas present one year.

It meant a lot to me to have this because I had been trying to do the same thing for my dad’s side of the family. I think it’s interesting to read about each and every single family member whether I knew them or didn’t.

My Grandmother and I were super super close. She passed away in 2011 from Brain Cancer, so I wish I had some recorded memories of her. She and I used to sit around and talk for hours and hours. I loved hearing her tell her life stories. Her family was a very large one, so some stories were funny and some very sad.

I wish I had each and every single one of those stories recorded so that not only I could revisit them, but so my kids would know and remember her as well. My son was 3 and my daughter 1 when she passed away, so they aren’t going to recall her from memory.

 

image

I found a site that lets you record and save memories so that you always have them. The site is called Saving Memories Forever. It isn’t hard to use, it’s very simple actually. You can use this straight from your computer if you have your files on MP3 or have a recorder on there. OR you can download the app (for Iphones and Android 2.2).

imageimage

You can add storytellers to your account, and put their photos in their profiles while adding what age range they are in.  The fun part is that you can tell your own stories or you can answer some of their prompt questions if you can’t think of anything to tell at the moment.

image

After you’ve chosen to tell your own story or pick a question.. you just talk about what’s going on with whatever story you’ve chosen to tell. Then you upload the recording and it goes to your account on the Saving Memories website.

image

You can then choose to upload it to Facebook if you wish.

I love that you have all the memory making tools right at your fingertips. When you go to your next holiday or just visiting someone in your family, you can just whip out your phone and get to recording.

I try and record all my families memories that I can from my memory. Stories about both my dad who died when I was 7 and my maternal grandma. That way I have them and my kids have them as well.

I also try and record stuff from my childhood and theirs, that way they can look back and see all the fun times we had, all the funny stuff they say, and just random times. I love this!

There are free accounts and premium accounts. Check them out today! What a great gift to give to your relatives this holiday too! A year long premium membership! And don't forget to check them out on Facebook as well.

Disclosure:  “I participated in a campaign on behalf of Advertise For Bloggers for Saving Memories Forever. A free trial and promotional items have been provided in exchange for my review.  Regardless all opinions are my own."

 

Jessica Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts