Disclosure: The items mentioned in this post were sent for review purposes only; all opinions are completely honest.
The Kinivo WID340 is an 802.11n wireless USB adapter that allows you to connect to 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi networks with blazing fast speeds up to 300 Mbps. The WID340 is perfect for connecting computers wirelessly to home routers or wireless networks. This product is even great for those of you who have WiFi built into your laptops, but would like to add an improved signal and range.
- Blazing fast wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps with 802.11n and channel bonding
- Dual band support for connecting to all 802.11g/b/n 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks
- Get improved signal, range and fast speeds for your WiFi. It's easy to setup - plug in, install drivers, and use.
- Compatible with Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista
- WEP, WPA and WPA2 (TKIP+AES) encryption for security
The Kinivo Wireless WID340 comes with the USB stick, software CD, and PDF instructions. I didn’t need the instructions, because it’s super simple to install. Put the Mini CD (works like a regular CD) inside your CD rom and run the software. Plug the Kinivo Wireless USB into your USB drive and you’re done. Nothing complicated and my internet speed instantly worked 10x better.
Most of you know that I had to get a new laptop after my Toshiba crashed in August. I didn’t have a lot of spending money at the time with school supplies being needed as well. So I chose the Asus Compu 15.6 Notebook, which I deeply regret at this point.
The most frustrating feature of the computer is the wireless capabilities. Somehow the software (windows) blocks the signal of the Wi-Fi. Before I was sent the Kinivo Wireless N USB Adapter, I was struggling just to get work done. I had NO internet more than I had internet. That was horrid because I WORK online. Not being able to access anything was driving me crazy.
The Kinivo Wireless N USB Adapter has truly saved my sanity. As long as the Adapter is plugged in, I get internet access. The only problem is that the computers USB adapters are very loose, and I’ve only had this computer for 3 months. So, as long as I can get the USB port to work, I’m good with getting a connection.
I am super impressed with this Wireless USB adapter. It connects to Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, MAC, and Linux. This small adapter has seriously been my lifeline to getting work done. Without it my computer will hardly pick up the internet! With it, there has been no dropped signals at all. It boosts WiFi signal immediately after being plugged in.
I recommend you purchasing the Kinivo WID340. No more dropped WiFi signal to the computer right in the middle of a movie, project, or download. The Kinivo adapter helps your computer connect, even if you couldn't get a slight connect before.
- Speeds up to 300Mbps: Supports wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps with 802.11n and channel bonding enabled wireless access points
- Dual Band: Compatible with all 802.11g/b/n 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks - Security encryption using WEP, WPA and WPA2 (TKIP+AES)
- WID340 transforms any computer with a USB port to a wireless capable computer
- Supports IEEE 802.11n wireless N networks
- Compatible with Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7/ Vista
- Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) for easy setup with WPS capable routers
- Backwards compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g wireless networks
What's in the Box
- Kinivo WID340 Enhanced Wireless USB Adapter
- Installation CD (1 inch) for Windows 8.1, 8, Windows 7, and Vista
Note: Drivers are also available online on Kinivo support website.
Connect with Kinivo online: