Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Hikes Cuff Fastener Review

image

clip_image001

My Hikes fasteners help kids' pant cuffs stay up and are fun to wear!

  • Easy to apply
  • Gentle on the pants
  • Lightweight for comfort
  • Cuff up to 2 inches with a single fold, 4 inches with a double fold
  • For use with most medium weight durable pants (jeans for example)
  • My Hikes were unvented by a mom and are patented

Pants shopping for kids can be extremely challenging. If you're kids are like mine- either their waistband fits or their pants length fit, and not BOTH! Aidan is more like this than Adisyn is. He is thin and long-legged. If I get pants that fit his waist, his pants are too long on the length part.

This is where My Hikes makes life as a mom much easier and less stressful. Kids grow constantly and are always growing out of their clothes. Leg lengths in children clothing are just like adult clothing, they vary depending on which brand of jeans/pants they are wearing.

As a mom, I like to buy my kids clothes a little large so that they get more wear for the money. Kids clothes are expensive and I don't want them to just be worn a couple of times before they are outgrown and go to the local churches or the goodwill.

The mom that invented My Hikes (Dani), did so that MOMS can buy their children's clothing a little larger without having to sew in the hems. Now all we have to do is assemble the My Hikes clip onto the bottom of the pants. Now I don't have to worry about the kids tripping over their pant legs or them getting worn out if the temporary hem comes undone.

The My Hikes is easy to apply and doesn't come off during playtime. You have to take them off for them to come off, they aren't just going to fall off.

To apply:

  • Cuff pant leg up to 2 inches in height with vertical pant seam aligned (Single or double fold cuffs as needed.)
  • Side fastener on cuff. Center it over the vertical pant seams.
  • View ring-like part inside pant leg. Make sure vertical seam passes between the two little tabs.
  • Use fingers to support ring-like part inside pant leg. Use thumb to press design through ring-like part and feel a snap.

These My Hikes come in a variety of designs, so that they can be used on kids of all ages, AND they have designs for both girls and boys. These My Hikes can be worn by infants, toddlers, kids, teens, and EVEN by adults if you wish. You can mix and match them; trade them with friends, siblings, cousins..

If your like me, you have longer jeans that you wear with boots. You may want to wear these with a flat shoe like a clog, dress shoe, or tennis shoe. If your jeans are long, you know how they can get eaten up when they go under your shoe and get eaten by the concrete. This has happened to me many times. The jeans get worn out and they look older than they are.

I hate this. I always ALWAYS fold my jeans hem in or out now. When I was younger- I never did. Now that I'm older and have kids of my own, I can't afford to go out and buy new pants all the time. So, being practical and trying to cut corners and save money- this will go a long way.

Dads can get the use out of these as well. Longer jeans get soaked when they do their outside activities such as golfing or playing baseball on a dewy field. Now they can cuff their pants and not have to worry about hiking them up to keep them from getting dirty, muddy, and letting them fit so much better.

image

I chose to get the construction truck My Hikes for Aidan. He has the longer legs and will be starting Kindergarten this year. He has tons of pants that are longer than his legs, and I think that these will make help keep his school clothes last longer so that we have more money for field trips, lunch money, and snack money. Saving money on clothes, the more you have to spend on other things.

You can clean My Hikes with soap and water. Or you can soak them in water and wash them with a soft bristle brush. You do need to remove the My Hikes before machine washing or drying.

They aren’t hard to get on OR off. They are adorable, and can be reversed to the clear side for moms, older kids, or dads! Keep everyone in the family from ruining their pants.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jessica

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts