How to use Instant Spray Tan in a Can
Since Bahama Bronze instant spray tan is an aerosol tan in a can, you simply point it at your skin and spray on in smooth even strokes. However, there are a few other things to remember while applying:
- Use the instant spray tan in a tub, shower, outdoor area or anywhere with any easy to clean floor. It's possible to stain any nearby flooring with overspray so be careful.
- Shake the can well before use. This will help clear up any clumps that may have formed in the can or in the spray nozzle
- Hold the can 10 - 14 inches from your skin and apply in smooth even strokes
- Dab off any excess spots or clumps before it dries
- Do NOT apply lotions, oils, deodorants, makeup, or perfume prior to spray tanning.
- If solution gets on the palms of your hands or soles of your feet immediately wash off with soap and water.
- Do not shower for 6 hours after application.
- Remember that Bahama Bronze instant spray tan is not to be used internally so when applying to the face hold your breath, close your mouth, and shut your eyes.
How does an aerosol tanning spray work?
Bahama Bronze's aerosol tanning spray formula is extremley similar to the formulas used in professional airbrush tanning salons and misting machines. The active ingredient across the board for all of these tanning formulas including Bahama Bronze is DHA (Dihydroxyacetone). DHA causes a reaction with the amino acids in your skin that creates a deep, bronze tan...except without any possibility of getting burned! The result is a perfect tan with no orange tones and no streaks.
While you'll be tan immediately after using our aerosol tanning spray, your tan will gradually darken and set in over the next 12-24 hours following application. The tan will last 5-7 days depending on how thick an application is used. Remember, Bahama Bronze does not contain suncreen of any type. Be cautious when styaing out in the sun for longer periods. Order Bahama Bronze Spray Tan in a Can
I was excited to try the Bahama Bronze Spray Tan in a Can. I thought it was going to be like a real spray tan. It seemed simple enough. Almost as soon as it came in the mail, I read the directions and was thinking of applying it right away.
When I read that it had to be applied either in the shower, or outdoors- I had to end up waiting for the application. I didn’t really know what to do about applying it, so I just stood in the shower and sprayed it on myself.
It was kind of like spraying a bubbling mousse on my skin. I’m pretty sure the nozzle is the problem. It lets out too much of the spray, resulting in a HUGE mess, and splatters everywhere. The product ends up not even sticking to my skin. I tried to rub it in with my hands, but I ended up just making it 10x worse.
Then I searched on the internet for ways I could help make it stay without it smearing. It said to apply and then blow-dry your skin in patches with the cool setting.
I did this, and it did make a huge difference. I brought the blow-dryer in the bathroom. Sprayed an arm- blow-dried it on cool and it stayed. Same for the rest of my body. BUT this did end up taking forever.. So, I can’t say it was a time saver.
It didn’t streak up once it was blow-dried though, so that was a huge plus. It didn’t look a deeper bronze on elbows, knees, or ankles either. Most bronzers do- no matter what you do or how lightly it’s applied. Most of the time it’s just simply inevitable.
I did like this, but I wish it would have worked like a real spray tan. I don’t think I would buy this though, because it took too much time to blow-dry each part of my body that I just added spray bronze too. This meant that I had to spray and then blow dry- spray and then blow-dry.
Disclosure: This isn’t a sponsored post, products were sent for review purposes only. The opinions in this post are completely honest and not influenced in any way.
Thanks for dropping by,