I can remember when I first started having to wash my face with a blemish/acne control wash. Being a teenager and taking a trip with your mom to the store for acne wash is confusing. There are SO many different kinds, scents, colors, ingredients in each one.
I didn’t know where to start. I was IN THE CLOUDS. I would pick up a bottle, examine the package and “description.” I didn’t know what was what at that age other than the packages were pretty.
BUT wait, stop for a second. There was one that caught my eye. St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub (ONLY $3.99). It wasn’t drenched in “here looky looky” type of bottle. It’s simple yet elegant and of course BLACKHEAD and ACNE scrub all in one? Yes!
I was very excited to be able to work with St. Ives. I ended up receiving two items: St. Ives Blemish and Acne Control wash and the Intensive Healing Lotion.
The Face Wash Review
This is definitely the best scrub on earth. It says you can use it 4 times a week, but I use it more. I have oily skin, so I need something to keep the oil from seeping deep into my pores and becoming blemishes and blackheads.
My pores stay smaller, blackhead free, oil/ shine free, and SO SMOOTH. I love that it makes me feel so fresh faced. The scent really does smell like apricots>>YUM! The scent lingers awhile too.
It thoroughly cleanses the skin and exfoliates the dead skin away so you’re left with nothing but a perfectly flawless complexion just after a week (or so depending on how bad your blemishes are).
I love exfoliating my skin but most exfoliation is harsh and leaves redness and irritation behind. The St. Ives Apricot Scrub exfoliates with Walnuts. Not only do they exfoliate naturally, but they help renew your skin cells- banishing the old dingy cells, and bring all new bright and beautiful cells to the surface!
You can definitely see an extreme difference in your skin when using this! Blackheads are gone, oil GONE, and my skin feels so healthy and rejuvenated. There’s nothing like a scrub that works, smells delicious, and costs under $5.
It’s such a great blemish wash that it has been one of their four Award Winning Products.
- APRICOT »
- APRICOTS are known to contain one of the highest levels of carotenoids (think vitamin A) and super-effective antioxidants. All of this natural power might seem, well, too powerful, but they are actually quite gentle and nourishing and they help make fresher, more nourished skin beautifully possible.
- CORN KERNEL MEAL »
- CORN KERNEL MEAL is actually flour ground from dried corn. It’s a soft, but gently powerful all-natural exfoliant that promotes skin cell turnover and regeneration. Cornmeal makes softer-feeling, fresher skin possible.
- WALNUT »
- WALNUT is known for its hard shell, but when it’s ground, it becomes an amazingly effective, all-natural exfoliant ingredient in our scrubs. Not only are walnuts plentiful on the planet, they also help newer, healthier skin come to the surface.
Buy It: St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Face Scrub at your local Walmart, Target, Kmart.. and other convenience stores for under $5.
Keeping you and your skin looking and feeling fresh. Made with natural ingredients, and hypo-allergenic. Proven to help heal even the most severely dry skin, St. Ives Intensive Healing Lotion is clinically proven to lock in moisture for 24 hours. Helping to maintain skin’s moisture. Exclusive natural moisture complex includes olive leaf extract, cranberry seed oil, and grape seed oil.
Fresh, better, naturally. St. Ives is dedicated to bringing you the best of nature with formulas that delight the senses as they leave your skin with a soft, fresh feel.
Tanning at the salon brings very bronzed, brilliant color but it can also dry out the skin. I’ve recently gotten very dry, itchy, “ashy” skin when my skin isn’t properly hydrated.
“ANY” lotion just doesn’t do the trick. Some are too thick and don’t soak in very well. Some are too thin and watery and don’t hydrate for very long. I wanted something that could give me the hydration I needed without any fuss.
St. Ives has always been a favorite of mine. They have great products that are very affordable. When I use this lotion I know I am getting nothing but the best!
I’ve taken some out of the bottle and put in a travel bottle and take it with me to the tanning bed. I love rubbing this on my skin and feet after I tan. It doesn’t add to the “scent” that tanning lotion smells like after you’ve tanned. It feels invigorating and is so refreshing to my dry skin!
It feels so silky, creamy, and luxurious. I love that there is absolutely no greasy residue or build-up. I have been faithfully massaging this into every single part of my body when I wake up, after tanning, and before bed.. I can’t help but love the lovely creaminess.
Every summer I have issues with my skin drying out after a day in the pool with the kids. The chemicals and chlorine dry it out, and I can’t wait to see how this helps! I know I won’t be battling the dryness for long!!
It has a light, hypo-allergenic fragrance that is dermatologist tested and proven to keep even the driest skin moist all day! The natural ingredients is exactly what keeps the skin moist, soft, and helps to repair it.
Most lotions that claim to be “moisturizing” only MASK the dryness. They aren’t really doing anything other than that. This amazing St. Ives lotion uses cranberry to help repair the dry skin and mango seed oil to protect your skin from further dryness.
- OLIVE OIL AND OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT »
- OLIVE OIL AND OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT: Both of these ingredients are rich in skin-softening glycerides, which means they not only cleanse gently, they can help to improve your skin’s appearance with easily absorbed moisture. They also offer multiple benefits:
- CRANBERRY »
- CRANBERRY is already a proven antioxidant ingredient found in juices, and now cranberry seed oil can be equally effective for your skin, too. This small berry unleashes a unique, all-natural balance of Omega oils to help moisturize, condition and repair your dry skin. Prepare yourself for softer-feeling, smoother-looking skin.
- COCOA BUTTER »
- COCOA BUTTER is known for its gentle, island scent, but that’s just the beginning. Rich in antioxidant vitamins A, C and E and essential minerals, this soothing emollient helps to heal and moisturize skin that’s seen more of the elements than shade.
- GRAPESEED AND GRAPESEED OIL »
- GRAPESEED is known to be an intense skin healer as well. Add to that the naturally occurring antioxidants to fight free radicals, and the result? Your skin can feel significantly moisturized and healthier. GRAPE SEED OIL contains a high level of natural linoleic acid, which helps to maintain your skin’s health. This powerful, yet gentle ingredient helps to moisturize dry, cracked skin, so it not only feels healthier, it feels beautiful too.
- 100% NATURAL MOISTURIZERS »
- 100% NATURAL MOISTURIZERS, which St. Ives sources from plants, form the basis of all triglycerides that make up essential oils. Glycerin is a great example; it’s an excellent moisture-holding helper for your skin and keeps it smooth-looking.
- MANGO SEED BUTTER »
- MANGO SEED BUTTER is known as the “apple of the Tropics” because it’s rich in beta carotene, essential fatty acids and skin-loving vitamins A and E. This ingredient also makes it ideal for helping to treat dry skin and protecting it from future dryness.
Buy It: St. Ives Intensive Healing Body Lotion at your local Walmart, Target, Kmart.. (Under $5)!
You can join in on our commitment!
One of our goals is to get more materials that can be recycled… recycled. Here’s some guidance on how you can help to recycle our products.
Step 1: Locate the recycling number on our product package to find out what can be recycled and where to take it
Step 2: Carefully cut the end tubes off and rinse out the containers
Step 3: Keep the cap with the tube when you recycle the packaging
Step 4: Recycle it!