--> 
»

Friday, May 31, 2013

Beauty Review: SuperGoop SPF 35 CC Cream and ACAIFusion LipBalm SPF 30

Supergoop is a brand that is solely focused on sun care. They make a variety of items that ALL have SPF in them. They have sunscreen wipes, giant pump action bottles of Sunscreen that will last all summer, even sunless tanners!

I am excited to say that I have gotten a chance to review their new CC Cream and an AMAZING lip balm that both have SPF inside!

The CC Cream

 

imageimage

Supergoop has a new Daily Correct CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 which is available in two shades; Light to Medium and Medium to Dark. This is amazing because it promises to soften the look of lines, wrinkles and pores.

A multivitamin for your skin, this light and silky cream protects, corrects, smoothes, and nourishes with specially formulated health properties.

WP_002643WP_002650

I’ve heard a LOT about the CC Creams, but haven’t had the chance to try one out yet. SO I was super SUPER excited to be able to see first hand what this bad boy could do!

I don’t really like wearing makeup (cream foundation or anything creamy) that much during the summer. It’s because my skin automatically gets SUPER dark and most foundations make me look like a ghost AND they tend to melt/sweat off.

IF it doesn’t sweat off, it clumps or balls up- which I DO NOT like. So, if I don’t wear mineral makeup, I don’t wear anything. UNTIL now. I’ve been testing this out for awhile and LOVE it!

WP_002655

I love how silky this CC Cream is, and how well it blends into my skin. It acts as a primer, concealer, and foundation all in one! It leaves my face feeling fresh and perfectly flawless.

WP_002653WP_002664

I love that it blends so well with my complexion. I don’t like noticing that there is a weird lightness to my skin after I’ve applied a foundation or cream. This doesn’t do that though.

It works amazingly at protecting, correcting and smoothing uneven skin. It’s a giant plus that is has SPF in it, SPF 35 to be exact. Amazing anti-aging benefits and super antioxidants to help fight free-radical, wrinkle-forming damage.

The staying power is a big A+ for me. I don’t like having to take time out of my day to reapply because I’m always on the go with the kids, errands, and such. I can put this on at 8-9 and it will still be there around 3-4 which was amazing to me! I didn’t have to reapply even ONCE!

I love the SPF 35 because I’ve been using a skin care at night that makes my face sensitive to sunlight. I wash it off in the morning, but there’s still a chance it could make my skin burn just by being outside because it has Retinol A in it. This keeps me satisfied knowing that I’m covered from the burns!

Neutralizes discolorations, inflammation, blotchiness while restoring vibrancy and glow which I love. This IS a CC cream, so you aren’t going to get the SAME coverage as a Foundation, but you could certainly apply a thin layer over it if you wanted. I love how it works like a Concealer/foundation/primer all in 1!

100% natural ingredients and antioxidants to triple protect against UVA, UVB and infrared-A rays. Light-diffusing mica minerals soften the appearance of pores and wrinkles for a fresh, flawless complexion!

NO parabens, fragrances, petrochemicals or oxybenzone to provide an environment- and skin-compatible choice for UV protection. I’m glad that I found something that I can actually wear in the summer without it balling up or sweating off. It doesn’t even feel like I’m wearing anything when I put this on!

Want to give it a try?

Buy IT: You can buy the Supergoop SPF 35 CC Cream in Medium/Dark and Light/Medium for $32 for 1.6 oz

 

The Lip Balm

image

I had been on the lookout for something like this. EVERY single time I get in the tanning bed my lips dry out. No amount of chapstick was helping break the dryness cycle, and it was because my lips were dehydrated and burning I guess.

WP_002644

The shea butter in this lip balm provides deep, long-lasting hydration. I can put this on my lips before getting in the tanning bed and my lips still feel SO soft and hydrated when I get out.

It protects against broad-spectrum UVA and UVB rays while calming, soothing and protecting dry or chapped lips. It feels more like a lip gloss to me than a chapstick which I love.

I can easily apply this over my lipstick or wear it by itself and it looks amazing! I love the fact that even though it wears like a lip gloss, it isn’t sticky! It goes on very smoothly and has lasting power.

WP_002670WP_002671

It says that there’s a pink tint to it, but it’s more of a sheer pink than anything. It makes my lips look so healthy! It doesn’t have a taste and it doesn’t smell, which is a plus. If this tasted like Acai berry, I’d probably lick it off LOL.

Want to give it a try?

Buy it: Supergoop AcaiFusion Lipbalm SPF 30

Connect with Supergoop on their Blog, twitter, facebook, and pinterest

colorfulanimalstars blank

 

Jessica Renee

author

This post was written by:

Jessica is the writer behind Sweet Southern Mama. She is the mother of 2 adorable kids- Aidan, 7 and Adisyn, 5. She lives in Kentucky with her fiance and kids. She loves designing blogs, reading, writing, crafting, all things electronic, photography, and spending time with her family.

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!