Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, October 24, 2014

Unforgettable Moments & Me

opening my soul2

         

My life consists of writing, writing, and writing some more. As I was looking back through my old blog posts, I realized one thing. I wasn’t actually sharing that much of myself. When I started blogging back in 2009, I wanted to share ME, my thoughts, my likes, my family.

I wanted to meet like minded moms who shared the same interests as I did. I quickly lost my way. I was trying to gain knowledge of how to blog, how to design blogs, and how to get my blog name out in the world. I quickly lost my sense of self.

create

Sure, I was writing in my own voice- but they weren’t posts about anything I started writing about. I started blogging as a DIY adventure. I love making things. I taught myself how to sew, crochet, digi scrap, and so much more. Give me a book and some tools and I can accomplish just about anything (well except for drawing and painting, I’m totally useless there).

design

I also taught myself how to design my blog in both html and pretty colors. The layout and design you see floating all around you? I did that myself. I had to teach myself everything because I didn’t (and don’t) have the money to pay someone else to do stuff for me.

nerd

I also LOVE to read, but half the time I read the books so fast I don’t review them. Then I thought- my readers are really missing out. They aren’t getting to see these amazing books that fill up my time (when I’m not working, cleaning, or spending time with my family). Sure- I review DIY books, but I haven’t reviewed a nonfiction book in long while.

I just want to get to know ya’ll and for you to know me. I want to make friends, not more readers. I’m not saying I’m giving up the reviews or giveaways- just adding more “me and my time” posts.

I plan to teach you things that I’ve learned, share with you the things I build, and hopefully get you to share with me. I want this to be more of a community- not some place you check in to see the latest “product” or what you have a chance of winning.

I want you to keep coming back because you like the way I write. I want you to come back because I inspire you in some way. I want there to be more back and forth between us. I hope you’ll stand by me and my writing career and follow me down this adventure. I mean, I want it to be ME, MY blog.. not something you can read anywhere. I want to stand out and show you who is behind all this hard work.

So for starters, I am joining in on the Blogher NaBloPoMo Monthly Writing Prompts & try my best to join some blog hops. There aren’t many days left in this month (I mean, time has flown by), but if you would like to join me- you can find the October 2014 Writing Prompt list here.

prompt

Friday, October 24, 2014 (Prompt)
If babyhood is spring and young adulthood is summer, which age do you consider to be the start to the "autumn" of life?

 

Response-

I would consider autumn to be the “middle ages” most likely if young adulthood is summer. Middle Ages would be from about 30-45. Although she just turned 47 (shhh). I am in the yound adulthood stage so I’m considered summer. Yay me. Warmth, shorts, tans, and flip-flops.

She gets the more seasoned- cooler, crackling leaves, changing seasons phase. It’s hard to sit back and think about life and those around you getting older. I have lost so many people that were important to me that I despise time.

Don’t you wish you could rewind time? Take all those years back and just cherish the hell out of them? I look at my kids and think “where did the time go?” One day they are toddling around your living room, making you cringe when they stumble as they try to walk- the next they are in elementary school bringing home A.R. books to read.

I try not to take any day for granted, because I know that it is irreplaceable. Something I can never get back. Even those days where I have so much to do my head spins in circles. Laundry, dishes, sweeping, working, the kids, and everything. We get so caught up in the day-to-day that we fail to stop and look at every moment.

If there were a time in your life that you could jump back to and hold someone you lost, witness something important you missed, or just to go back and tell yourself something for the future—what would you choose?

         (You can Post in comments or write blog post and leave link in comments)

I would go back to when my kids were small and start all over. There are just so many places I wish I could have afforded to take them. Museums, zoos, theme parks. As a young mom, it was hard to get on my feet financially, so I didn’t really get the chance to do this!

That’s all for now—until next time.

 

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts