--> 
»

Friday, August 24, 2012

Splat Hair Color Review

image

I absolutely LOVE Splat hair color. This is the first time that I’ve used it, and I am most definitely HOOKED.

I dyed my hair 2 months ago a deep brown with a hint of red- which I LOVE! But I also wanted to do a black lowlight look. The other name brand colors I seen didn’t have a deep enough black for me, so I definitely wanted to try Splat Jet Black.

image

In the box, was the bottle with a tip on it, the gloves, instructions, and the bottle with the mixture. Because it is a darker color- it didn’t have bleach with it, like the other splat kits do.

clip_image001

Before mastering the dye- make sure that your hair is shampooed, yet not conditioned. If your hair is oily- the color will not soak in as well. I would also get an old towel and stand on it as well as putting one under your hair around your neck.

I was in my mom’s bathroom- taking strips of hair and applying the color. I wanted to make sure that there was enough black, yet not too much. I didn’t want it to look like there were just missed spots on my head. (I’ve actually had that happen before) LOL.

Because I was doing lowlights, I ended up getting it in her floor, and on the sink. I immediately cleaned it up. I figured it would stain anyway because of the color. It didn’t. As long as I kept wiping it up as it landed on the floor- it came right up.! AMAZED*

The color is like any other dye- the longer you leave it in, the more intense it will be. I ended up leaving it in for about 25 minutes, so I still had time to go get my son. Don’t ask me why I started doing it so late in the day. It arrived and I was absolutely ANXIOUS to use it!

I was super glad I did.! While I was in the pickup line waiting to pick Aidan up from school. I could see my hair drying and see the beautiful intensity of the color. I was in LOVE with this color.

2012-05-31 00.44.322012-05-31 00.44.55

See how the black stands out from the deep brown? I love it like that. It makes my hair look so amazing. I will definitely stick to this hair dye in the future.

I also wanted to do a crimson red highlight- but I was absolutely positive that my hair wouldn’t take to the bleach that comes with it. I have always had bad reactions to lighter dye! Can you say “Orange hair?” Definitely wasn’t pretty.

So instead I chose to do the pink extensions instead. These extensions are amazing! I could have cut it to any length I wanted, although I didn’t have to because it was exactly the length I needed it to be.

Each extension box comes with 2 18 inch extensions. They are totally reusable. I wasn’t sure how to do an extension at first- because I had never had used one before.

All I had to do was flip the part in my hair on the left side and clip it in, and then on the right side as well. It blends right in. I can also curl this (with medium heat) just like my real hair! (Don’t use too high heat though- it will scorch).

I am just glad that it doesn’t separate and get all scraggly like other hair extensions and hair clip-in’s I’ve seen. You know what I’m talking about. When there are like 5 hairs way longer than the others, just because you brushed it.. yeah- I hate that!

This isn’t anything like that! I really love that they are high quality! Plus the pink totally offsets the dark making it look awesome!

I have had so many compliments on my hair, and it makes me feel amazing!

2012-05-31 00.45.042012-05-31 00.47.47

AVAILABLE AT:
CVS, Duane Reade, Fred Meyer, Hannaford Bros., H.E.B., Kinray, Meijers, Millbrook Dist., Rite Aid, ULTA, Walgreen, Walmart & totallyhaircare.com

Connect with Splat:

On Facebook and Twitter

Disclosure: This isn’t a sponsored post, products were sent for review purposes only. The opinions in this post are completely honest and not influenced in any way.

Thanks for dropping by,

Jessica



author

This post was written by:

Jessica is the writer behind Sweet Southern Mama. She is the mother of 2 adorable kids- Aidan, 7 and Adisyn, 5. She lives in Kentucky with her fiance and kids. She loves designing blogs, reading, writing, crafting, all things electronic, photography, and spending time with her family.

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!