Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, August 24, 2012

My 17th Birthday

17th bday

The time comes when we know that we are seen as “grown” in the eyes of our parents or grandparents. The time came for me when I hit my seventeenth birthday.

I was so excited! I went to school that Spring morning, came home, and went to work. When I got off work- I had a box sitting on the table. There were thoughts flying through my head about what this could be. It was kind-of smallish yet had such an elegant wrapping.

My mom sit me down and told me that there was something totally different in the box. Something like I’d never received before. At first I thought-“Are these car keys in this box?”

I still had absolutely no clue as to what she was hinting at and talking about. What could I possibly get that means so much to her yet I had never received before?

She looked at me with gleaming eyes and held the box out to me. I reached for it- and carefully opened the beautifully wrapped package. What I found inside really DID mean a lot to her AND me.

I ended up getting family jewelry. I got my Mom and Dad’s engagement ring and wedding ring, My grandma’s wedding set, AND my Great Grandmothers wedding set.

I was SO happy. They were so beautiful and these heirlooms meant the world to me. I couldn’t have gotten a better gift. This meant that they trusted me to hold on to something valuable in money AND heart!

Of course, shortly after- I wanted to get a luxury safe for my jewelry since I worked at a fast food restaurant when I was in high school. I wanted to keep them pristine, glowing, and to last forever so I could have the chance to hand them down to my daughter!

 

Thanks for dropping by,

Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts