Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Review: Dr. Max Powers- Intense Scar Therapy Scar Serum

image

My son was born extremely premature. He ended up surprising AND scaring me  by coming almost 4 months early at 24 weeks. I had JUST found out what he was 2 weeks prior to him coming, so thankfully I already had picked out a name, but he was 1 lb. 13 oz and 12 1/2 inches long.

This meant that I had to have an emergency c-section. I wasn’t worried about it at the time, but I had a HUGE scar. The scar was 2 1/2 inches thick and was the length of my entire stomach.

It was painful for a very long time, even after I had to get the staples pulled back out. Over the next year and a half, it started healing up and not hurting as much but there was still a huge gnarly looking pink gash that was forever long across the bottom of my stomach.

When I had my daughter, she HAD to be born VIA C-section due to the way they had to cut me open with my son. They said I would never be able to have a real birth because my insides could rupture. When I had her, they did manage to tuck some of the scar tissue inside and sew it up.

The scar ended up only being about 1 1/2 inches wide, instead of a whopping 2 1/2. So this saved me an inch of ugly scar tissue, but it was still there no matter what scar medicines I put on it.

When I heard of the Dr. Max Powers Intense Scar Therapy Scar Serum, I definitely knew that I had to give it a try. Even if it could minimize the scar I would be a happy camper.

The main ingredient of the Scar Serum is organic rosehip oil which has been proven to be effective in the regeneration of skin and provide results in the treatment of burns and scars.

I’ve done the research on the Organic Rosehip Oil and it DOES help improve the appearance of scars, but it also helps with acne, wrinkles, dry skin, uneven skin tone, and so much more.

So- you can buy this for your scars and use it as a moisturizing double to help with your other skin care concerns. The organic rosehip oil is extremely hydrating.

The best part about this is that it’s hypoallergenic, which means that ANYBODY can use it without breaking out or being allergic to it! Even the most sensitive skin!

The scar serum also contains fatty acids and Vitamin E. Essential fatty acids are some of the “good fats”  that your body needs to maintain a healthy look, and diminish the aging look. It helps the skin stay hydrated because as we age the skin’s ability to hold in water decreases, which causes the skin to dry out and cause wrinkles.

I have only been using this for about 3 weeks, rubbing it into my scar 3-4 times a week. It’s very convenient that it comes with a pump action top, so that I get what I need without wasting any of it.

My scar hasn’t vanished, but then again- I didn’t expect it to. Because of the scar tissue being tucked under and re-sown together it was bumpy and hurt in some spots. Now that I’ve been using the scar serum the tenderness has went away almost completely and the bumpiness has faded.

As for the scar’s formation and deepness- it hasn’t  disappeared, but then again I didn’t expect it to only in 3 weeks. It has slightly faded the deepness of the scar and this is only the third week.

They recommend that you use it for 8 weeks to see a difference, so time will tell…

Scar Serum will avoid the formation of the keloids scars which may appear after surgical procedures, as well as most other common scars, like acne scars.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

JessBlue



No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts