Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, March 30, 2012

Small Business Etiquette ♥

I am a very impatient person, I really love companies that are prompt with their response and delivery of items that I buy. I can't stand for something I bought to just sit on the shelf for days or weeks. This kind of ticks me off. It's like telling the customer that you don't really appreciate their business.

As a small business owner, I would rather work with small businesses than large companies. WHY? Because TOO many times I have been LOST in the system of computers, customer service, and press 1 for this and press 2 for this. Who tell you to speak your answers and then it takes you back to the main menu just so you have to do it all over again. I'm like UGH, what the HECK. How can this keep happening?

This companies have MULTI-Millions and possibly more than that- THEY can pay people to answer the phone and talk to me, reassure me that my order just hasn't went down the drain, and that I haven't lost ALL of my money.

With small businesses, it is TOTALLY different. When you call or email them 99% of the time you ARE talking to the OWNER or someone very close to them. I understand some have assistants. I mean making all the things they do, selling the things they do, marketing.. All of that is VERY time consuming- AND they have the time to answer you personally.

If I were to be asked BIG or SMALL-- I would totally go with SMALL. They aim to please, appreciate your business, and usually gift wrap or add in something to your order.. ♥

How can you go wrong with that? Plus, you are helping small businesses when you order from them. You are helping these women, men, mothers, sisters, aunts.. Help pay their bills, buy their kids school clothes and food!

So, remember this.

It isn't hard to find small businesses at ALL. Etsy, Artfire, Zazzle-- they are all places with independent artists, crafters, business people of all walks of life just waiting for you to order something amazing from them!!

Have you ever worked with a small business online? Was it different from working with a large company?

Have you ever worked with a well known company who you felt could care LESS about your business?

 

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts