Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Batiste Dry Shampoo Review

I have oily hair. REALLY oily, always have. It got extremely out of hand when I was pregnant with my son. The over oiliness means I wash it daily, or it looks like it hasn’t been washed in a week. If I didn’t, my skin would break out extremely bad!

I learned overtime that it isn’t such a great idea to wash hair daily. My hair was falling out in alarming rates. Every time I’d wash it, it would look like I’d ripped out my hair in the bathtub. There were millions of strands it seemed like.

So- I began my search for the perfect dry shampoo. When I got a chance to review the Batiste Dry Shampoo, I was excited. When the package arrived- I pulled out the shampoo and it was in a hair-spray type of bottle, and was pink with flowers on it. It also came with a smaller bottle of TRESemme Dry shampoo to compare it to.

To instantly refresh your hair by banishing oil and boosting volume- Vigorously shake the bottle for you use it. Keep the bottle about 30cm away from your head, spraying it into your roots. Massage through with your fingertips- then Brush and style.

At first I thought I was going to have a huge problem with this not blending into my naturally dark hair. I thought I was going to have HUGE white blobs on my head. Massaging it in with my fingertips was just NOT doing the job. It was just making it worse. It looked like I had dumped an entire bottle of baby powder on my head.

BUT- thanks to the amazing Thermoactive brush by Olivia Garden, I eliminated the white blobs! It grabs the dry shampoo and perfectly blends it into my hair AND gives it more volume!

The trick to using a dry shampoo is go slow with it. Instead of blasting your head- just give it little spurts and massage it in with a brush or your fingers (if it works for you). Make sure you blend as you go- so you don’t look prematurely grey!

It doesn’t take away from my hair’s natural shine as it soaks up the excess oil. It doesn’t leave a residue or come off on my hands after I apply it. So I can style it after I get it and not have a mess all over my hands!

The scent is very pleasant and not overpowering in the least! I would love to try the Batiste Dry Shampoo for dark hair- I bet it’s amazing! Now I can have instantly clean hair that looks healthy without having to shampoo it everyday! Batiste rocks in the volume department!

The trick to this dry shampoo is the rice starch. Most dry shampoo’s are made with corn starch which doesn’t always soak up all the oil, and doesn’t add hardly any volume at all. Batiste is like magic in a spray can!

10/10 for this dry shampoo!

Connect with Batiste:

On twitter and facebook

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Thanks for dropping by,

Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts