Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Review: The Hungry Freelancer- How to Break into the World of Freelancing

The Hungry Freelancer: How to Break Into (and Succeed In) the World of Freelance Writing
If you've ever dreamed of being a writer but don't know how to get started, this book is for you.

The Hungry Freelancer: How to Break Into (and Succeed In) the World of Freelance Writing walks you through, step-by-step, the process of becoming a freelance writer. You don't need a college degree or years of experience to succeed as a writer, and this book shows you how.
This book is amazing. It isn’t some long dialogued book that gives you a million examples of what to do. No matter what path you have taken with your writing. WHERE you want to be is something else all together. If you want to make money doing what you love (writing)—then I suggest you buy this book.
There are mistakes we all make as writers. The best thing to do is learn from these mistakes and try to avoid them. If we sit and ponder for days on what could have been better about that assignment we turned in- we would never actually get any other work done.
The best way to become a better writer is by reading and practicing your writing. If you can read a poem, a novel, a non-fiction and go through and choose what worked with these books and what could have made them better- when YOU start writing, you’ll already have some answers for yourself.
The author has been a freelancer for 7 years, so she knows what paths are best taken, and which should be avoided completely. I LOVE writing. It has been my passion since I was a very young child. When I started reading, I was always seen with a book.
When I got older and realized that making money from writing shouldn’t be TOO difficult, I started looking into different ways. If you start out completely blind- of course, you will run into dead ends. The best way to take this path is in someone else’s footsteps. NO I’m not saying follow her exact footsteps- of course you can switch it up and do it as you wish- but having a guideline and outline for beginning is always helpful.
The author gives great information on areas such as:
*Your necessary skills as a story teller.

*Where to begin if you're not sure.

*Making a living as a writer.
*What websites are best to start picking up work.

This isn’t a book with “fluffNstff” which is what I call a book that has an author who sugarcoats everything. She tells and explains that there isn’t a way that you are going to be making the big bucks at first.
You have to start out slowly and make your way forward. Which is with all careers. You aren’t going to go to Hollywood and become an actor or actress overnight- the same said with writing. You aren’t going to write an article and get paid thousands for it. BUT if you LOVE writing and can endure writing daily for 7-8 hours a day you could possibly make it.

Writing isn’t an escape to do whatever you want everyday. If you want to be a writer YOU HAVE to write. You can’t babysit during the day or go to the park with your dog. You have to fulfill the commitment of writing if you want to actually make money.

I am definitely going to use this book to my advantage, there are some amazing tips that only a freelance writer knows. I am going to break into the freelance writing world YOU WILL SEE!
You can buy this on amazon (for your kindle OR Kindle Cloud) for only $4.99

Check out her BLOG, it also has some amazing tips! Don't forget to follow!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. JessicaRenee


No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts