Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Gelaskin Laptop & Kindle Skins

2012-11-04 15.14.55

I was SO tired of having a plain black laptop. I've had many computers come and go, and I was always on the lookout for a great skin. It was almost useless for me to look though, not many places were carrying a 17" laptop skin (especially not walmart).

So when I got a chance to review something from Gelaskin, I was ecstatic. Gelaskin is an amazing website, filled with skins for almost every single device on the market. Laptops, phone, and tablets alike.

I was in wonder at the beauty of the designs as I was taking a stroll through the different skins. There are some absolute beautiful ones on there.

I had to pass up on the other designs (as much as I wanted one) because as soon as I seen that they offered DIY laptop skins, I was all over it. Sporting someone else's skin on my laptop? Maybe. Sporting my own? OH YEAH!

The design process was SO simple. Of course, because I own my own crafting business (as well as the blog) I had to sport my name in there as well. I threw in the lettering Aidan and Adisyn's mom because I couldn't leave my babies out of it, now could I? The next thing that came were the pictures.

I was amazed at how quickly the pictures uploaded. I was going to work with another company on DIY blankets and such and I was flabbergasted at the length of time it was taking to import some pictures from my computer.. So when Gelaskin's website was super fast (like lightening) at uploading my pictures I HAD to give them a standing ovation. WHO wouldn't?.. I love creating things, but it takes the fun out of creating something if it takes forever.

I got to add my own background color, picture, or icon.. Green's my favorite color, so I had to throw that in there somewhere. So it became my background color for the laptop skin. I added little icons around the pictures to give it a "cutesy" type of look. The icons included a little woman with a laptop at the bottom of the skin. (Aww.. How adorable AND so like me-- haha!)

Then came the pictures to add. Of course, they were pictures of me and the kids. There were tons of cute ones, so of course- it's always hard for a mom to choose the absolute BEST without adding a couple.. ;)

The final selection came down to 2 pictures of my daughter looking so adorable in some bows that we got last year, a picture of me, and 2 pictures of me and my son. I was VERY pleased with the overall look of the skin (which didn't even take me 15 minutes to make) and that's including the time to look through my pictures and choose which ones I wanted to use.

I couldn't believe how well the skin looked when it arrived at my door. Usually when something comes in the mail (with pictures) or something on it, the colors of the designs could vary slightly because of the color thing on the computer..

But everything was absolute and udder perfection. I couldn't have asked for a better skin. It went on well with absolutely no issues at all. It's been on my computer for awhile now, and it still looks as great as the first day it was put on there!!

WP_001213

I also chose a Kindle Fire skin as well. I am an avid reader, always have been. At first when they started coming out with the tablets, kindles, and nooks I wasn't sure that it was right for me.. Then last year for Valentine's Day Adam bought me one. I had tons of fun finding free ebooks from the Amazon store that I could read while at home, on a trip, or at the doctor's office.

When I was looking through the Gelaskin website and I landed on the Kindle skins, I absolutely KNEW for a matter of fact that I had to have the book skin. It looks like a library right on the outside of the kindle. I love it. Love how colorful it is. Unfortunately.. While I was waiting for the arrival of the skins my kindle ended up getting broke. I did not want to put the skin on a broken kindle..

So, I am waiting patiently for tax time so I can get a new one. Then I'll be able to use the skin. I can't wait. I fell in love with my laptop skin and I know I can't resist the kindle skin.

I was thoroughly impressed with the vast selection of skins that they have, not to mention how many different items the skins can be bought for; tablets, smartphones, different laptops (both 15 & 17 inches).

If you are on the lookout for something to spice up your electronics, you should definitely check Gelaskins out!! They are amazing and shipping is super fast!!

Connect with Gelaskin on Facebook and twitter

Disclosure

 

Jessica Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment

I♥Comments, Thanks for leaving one, I always read and comment back =)

Popular Posts