Search This Blog

Friends & Followers

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Contact US:

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My goals and resolutions for 2014

2014
My 2013 wasn’t all bad, but it was more on the negative side for me personally than positive. This blog (Stylish Southern Mama) was selected for some extremely amazing campaigns this year.. my favorite being the Verizon South Blogger. I got to work with some amazing people and learned that no matter WHAT as long as you are dedicated, motivated, and work your ass off you’ll go places in life.

Southern Rambles  (my second blog) was created in July of 2013 and I am VERY proud to say that I went from a PR0 to a PR2 in just 5 short months, which was AMAZING to me.
BUT as great as 2013 was for both my blogs, I ended up falling into a bipolar depression around November- early December. My family lost 3 people unexpectedly this year, two of them being infants.

My sister lost my beautiful niece Makenzie. It was such a devastating day, which turned into a heartbreaking rest of the year. Brandy was 25 weeks pregnant when Makenzie began her journey into the world. I’d been there, done that with Aidan. He was 24 weeks when he was born. There was a twist though, Makenzie didn’t end up making it like Aidan did. I felt such heartbreak for my sister, I wanted so much to hold her and tell her everything was going to be OK but how could I? I knew it was going to be hard for her, for me, for our family.

It not only made me have so many memory relapses of the rush of Aidans emergency birth and put me into a depression. I didn’t know how to look at my sister without almost crying. I couldn’t hold back my tears, my love for her, and the hardship she was facing. I was there, EVERY step of the way. Hiding in the bathroom at the hospital so she wouldn’t see me break down!

We have overcome the darkest days and come out stronger than we were. We love each other a little more, hug each other tighter, and are thankful for every day! It changed us, but we tried to make something positive out of the situation. We may not understand why Makenzie never got to live her life, but we’ve stood together and endured all the pain.

Blogging Goals and Resolutions
*Perfect the Art of Multitasking.
I was really great at it before but I am definitely going to have to up my game now that I own 2 blogs. I need to set a schedule for posting and getting everything done on both now.

*To remain focused on my goals and to write a personal post (part of the blogging challenge of 2014) every day in 2014.
*To start offering blog buttons and eventually entire blog designs.
Creation is my passion and I would love to be able to design for others!
*To blog more. To actually make the time to get everything on track- Emails checked, posts written, and add more personality to my posts.
*To have more guest posts. TO use my blog to help others. To showcase small businesses. As a small business owner myself I know how hard it is to get your name out there. SO I want to interview and showcase small businesses. These are the women/men who try their hardest to bring their creative beauty into the world and I love it.

Personal Goals and Resolutions
*My main goal is to remain focused. As a writer, focus and motivation are the 2 most things we have to have. Without them work goes unwritten and I don’t want that. I want to remain on TOP of everything. My blog, my house, and my kids.
*Be a motivator to others. There are people out there just waiting for the right words, the right song, or the right ear to become a better person. To love stronger, to be WHO they are without fear of being judged. I have always been who I am and have never been swayed by what others thought of me. I think everyone should be who they are and LOVE who they are. I would love to help others see that they are indeed beautiful.
*To laugh more. I try my hardest to be a positive person, but sometimes my bipolar takes over me and the depression comes out. It is just a feeling that comes over me where I miss those who used to be a part of my life. I start missing old family members, old friends, and those who have passed.

There will probably be more to come, but these are my resolutions for right now. I WILL do each and every single one of these too. I’m not one to make resolutions and forget about them until December.
Do you have any resolutions? What are they?


Popular Posts